BIG DAY. April 22nd, 2015. Costa Rica
Fito Downs, Leo Garrigues, Paco Madrigal and my self ( Carlos Luis Jiménez) scored 309 sps. We planned the best birding sites, different habitats and not much driving distances to maximize the bird list. Areas around La Selva, Poás volcano, Carara and Tarcoles river among other «special sites» gave us what we wanted. Our day started at 3 am and finished around 7 pm, great weather for most part of the day helped to reach a very good number of birds, some of the best of our targets : Black crowned Anpitta, Barred Hawk, Snowy Cotinga, Crested Owl, Central american Pygmy Owl, Barred Becard, Dark P
ewee, Black and yellow Silky Flycatcher,Black bellied Wren, Baird´s Trogon.
Galapagos Albatross in Costa Rica, 9-01-2015. Norman Vega. Wilfredo Villalobos. AOCR Bird Alarm
- FEB, 2018. 4 friends for birds and Nature
- Ann and Jim Williams, Jan 2018. could we get umbrellabird or lovely cotinga?
- David Larssen, take 4 CR, target trip. Feb 2018
- 2 ladies, no fear !! rain forest targets. Nov 2017
- Richard and Joyce Bennett april 2017
- Dirk Jan 2015
- MaryAnn 2015
- Elizabeth Collins, Nov 2016
- Rick and Diana Werezak, Nov 2016
- Goteborgs Ornithological Asoc. Sweden. Jan – Feb 2017